Thursday, September 15, 2011

Feeling at home at last..

We have been in our new home for just over two months now...the last couple of months have been a world wind of activity. And I'm just now feeling like I'm finally slowing down. Hence the very late and overdue blog post. We have been constantly busy with fixing up and painting the new house every free second we can get, which is not very often. I've started working more hours at the coffee shop and Nandish is now a full time student working towards his future as a nurse practitioner. Hayden started preschool, and Amelia is now six months old, which I can hardly believe. Everyday starts with Nandish watching the kids as I work very early hours, and then we switch off at 11:30 as he heads off to school for the rest of the afternoon. I love it that we both get to spend quality time with our children, and that by being great partners, we can work out our schedule this way. Needless to say, we both don't stop moving from very early in the morning until late at night. So if I fail to write in this blog like I so desperately want to please forgive me...whoever may read this...my intentions are good....but..sigh...life so often gets in the way.
On another note, I have absolutely fallen in love with where we have moved to in the Five Points area. I never imagined I would love Five Points so much...then I started running through the area, and I really began to love this place. If an area could describe my personality, Five Points definitely does that. It has an old, historical but eclectic vibe about it. The community of people seem different as well, laid back, easy going, fun to talk with. I am almost happy that we had to be chased out of our house by bed bugs, because it made us end up here! Funny how things work out in the end.....
Here are some of the homes I love in our area...

No comments:

Post a Comment