Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Vintage love






Today is vintage love day! I love all things vintage, movies, furniture and of course fashion...There is so much beauty, and amzing craftsmanship in vintage things. Vintage clothes and furniture finds are usually one of a kind. There wasn't many mass produced products, clothes were sewn with care and made to last. Furniture also was made from solid wood, and so beautifully made at that! That is one of the reasons I love vintage. I also love vintage because of the style and grace it usually holds, and the history behind each piece.
In honour of this wonderful day I want to share with you my favorite 1950's movie actress/princess, Grace Kelly. I Love all old Hollywood actresses, but Grace Kelly is by far my favorite. Her name suits her so well because she portrayed all that was graceful and beautiful. I have been so in awe of her, that the hairstyle I chose for my wedding (hair swept up, miniature gardenias placed on the side of my hair) was inspired by a hairstyle I saw her wear. So here are some of my favorite pictures of her. To keeping our lovely history alive!

1 comment: